Achieving an ideal physique (Perfect Figure) may take a lot of time and dedication. But now you can achieve this goal much easier, faster, and more efficiently with the help of VASER liposuction.
What is VASER liposuction?
VASER stands for (Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance). It is an advancement in the field of cosmetic surgery or a step ahead of traditional liposuction. VASER uses sound waves to loosen fat gently. Here, ultrasound wave energy is used to melt fat, which is later removed using a cannula. It is the more innovative way of getting rid of fat from larger as well as smaller areas with the least or no damage to supporting tissues, blood vessels, and nerves. Another property of VASER that make it more popular is that it is minimally invasive and needs less recovery time.
Which areas of the body can be treated by VASER liposuction?
VASER can remove fat from any part of the body. Common areas for treatment are:
- Neck and chin
- Buttocks & hips
- Knees & ankles
Notably, VASER liposuction surgery can be performed with other body parts plastic surgeries.
Who are the candidates for VASER liposuction?
If you are exclusively following a strict diet and strenuous exercise routine but still unable to get rid of stubborn fat. In that case, you can opt for VASER liposuction surgery at Karishma Cosmetics to get a sculpted body.
To get VASER liposuction, a person should be:
- A non-smoker
- Have a stable weight
- Be within 15 pounds of the ideal weight
- Have firm and elastic skin
- Do not have a chronic infection or bleeding history
- Do not have high blood pressure or high cholesterol
What is the procedure of VASER liposuction?
VASER liposuction is generally performed under local\ general anesthesia, depending on the extent of your procedure. The steps involved are as follows:
Infiltration: The target areas are infiltered with a tumescent anesthetic solution. This fluid contains microscopic gas bubbles that infiltrate the fatty tissue.
Acoustic streaming: When subjected to ultrasound energy, these bubbles expand and collapse, causing the fat cells to separate and dislodge them from the fatty tissue matrix. This leads to converting semi-solid fat clusters into liquid consistency.
Selective Emulsification: As bubbles cannot infiltrate denser tissue like blood vessels, nerves, and collagen fibers, these tissues remain largely undisturbed. Later, the liquified fat is suctioned out using a metal cannula.
Advantages of VASER liposuction
- Uniform removal of fat helps in having no any lump or asymmetry.
- VASER is capable of removing fat from deep layers as well as superficial layers too. Due to this selective removal of fat, it is the method of choice for abdominal etching, i.e., creating two packs in females and six packs in males.
- Treat multiple areas in a single procedure.
- Less pain, swelling, and downtime.
- VASER liposuction surgery is target-specific, leaving other surrounding tissues intact, and helps the patient recover quickly with minimal bruising.
- Enhanced skin retraction. An added attraction is stimulated collagen production, resulting in skin tightening.
- VASER technology has improved fat harvest by 40% more than the traditional technique. This fat can be a choice in grafting procedures.
- VASER is capable of correcting botched surgeries. It can remove fat cells and scar tissues alike.
Besides so many advantages, VASER liposuction surgery has some disadvantages, also like:
- A surgeon with experience and a skilled hand is a must; otherwise, the results will be dissatisfying.
- This technique cannot be used to treat obese patients.
- Its results appear 4-6 months after the surgery.
What to expect after the procedure?
It is crucial to understand that VASER liposuction surgery with body sculpting takes some time to see the full results after the procedure. It may not be fully evident for up to three-six months after the procedure. Time is needed for swelling to subside and the skin to “redrape” into your new body shape.
There may be some minor numbness or sensitivity in the treated areas, and that sensation may take several weeks to return. Rarely, there may remain areas of permanently reduced sensation. In addition, body contour irregularities can occur, including slight depressions or wrinkling of the skin. This typically resolves over time. Treatments are available to help minimize and mitigate these problems if they occur.
Post-operative recovery time varies from patient to patient based on their surgery, general health, and tone. A compression garment is worn to encourage circulation and ensure the molding of remaining still-soft fat. Post-op lymphatic drainage massages may also help reduce swelling and improve body contouring.
Getting a sculpted body is the dream of today’s youth. If you are considering VASER liposuction surgery to improve your body contour, then Karishma Cosmetics is one of the best places to perfect this technique. Here you will be guided by a team of skilled and talented cosmetic surgeons who will provide you with satisfying results. So book an appointment today with our experts.